Product Note: NOT compatible with the Xpert R1T & Xpert R2T Rudder Servos - servos will not function. The new Bavarian Demon "Axom" will have this capability regarding these (2) select servos.
The bavarianDEMON 3X is a professional RIGID electronic unit and replaces the mechanical auxiliary flybars on the rotor head. Because they are lighter, helicopter models without auxiliary flybars are much more agile and maneuverable, and are approx. 15% more powerful. In combination with the bavarianDEMON 3X, huge performance is delivered, without the need to adjust the fragile paddle mechanism.
The all-round precision is outstanding, whether it is the extremely dynamic maneuvers (F3N flying style), aerobatics (F3C), or hovering stability. All maneuvers are performed with directional stability, i.e. with no disruptive influences at all, and with maximum stopping performance. This is achieved with minimum need for adjustment thanks to the intelligent and optimized control algorithms.
By means of the latest-generation high-quality silicon MEMS gyros, the bavarianDEMON 3X has full 3D capability, whilst boasting a top-quality, ultra-fast tail gyro. No external gyro is required. In addition, a symmetrical torque control unit is in place there. The resultant further increase in retention force in the tail was possible because the tail gyro is internally coupled with the pitch data of the rotor head control unit.
Of course, the system is also suitable for flybarless scale helicopters (twin-blade and multi-blade) as well as flybarless helicopters such as trainers, etc.
It can also be used for helicopters with electric motors or combustion engines as well as turbine models (in case of a turbine inside a scale canopy, please see the safety instructions in the manual on p.10!).
The bavarianDEMON 3X expressly contains no horizontal or position stabilization and is therefore fully suitable for competitions.
The head gyro eliminates all unwanted rigid head properties, resulting in optimum control and precision.
All current analogue, digital and brushless servos are supported, including narrow-pulse servos (760s) for the tail
(e.g. Robbe-Futaba servos S9256 and BLS251). All current swash plate variants are also supported, including four swash plate servos and virtual swash plate rotation (H1, H3-90°, H3-120°, H3-140°, H4-90°, H4-90°+45°).
The system can also be used as a pure tail gyro, without the need of any additional accessories. Especially if a new heli project is planned, first using a flybar, later on switching to a flybarless head, the purchase of an external tail gyro is not necessary. Simply set the Rigid gains in the PC software to "0“, so the Rigid mode is disabled.
The CNC-milled aluminium casing and the high-quality design comfortably meet the current quality standards of major helicopter manufacturers. The highly compact construction and the flexible installation possibilities enable use in almost every helicopter, from micro-copters through to 3.5m scale helicopters.
• Set-up work is reduced to a minimum, partly because of clear separation of the sensitivity settings for the head and tail gyros in independent auxiliary channels.
• Can be used as pure tail gyro without the need of additional accessories.
• Direct USB connection for fast programming; the easy-to-use set-up software comes as standard.
• The connecting cables between the receiver and bavarianDEMON 3X are plugged in on both sides.
• Gold-plated circuit-board and the latest-generation MEMS gyros for all 3 axles.
• The bavarianDEMON 3X is ready for connection to receiver systems with an SP serial pulse/PWM output, e.g. the Robbe FASST receiver R6107SP, as well as robbe/Futaba S-BUS and Jeti/Spektrum/JR satellite receivers (main receiver is not needed), thus reducing the receiver connection to a single cable. Consequently, the motor/gas-servo output is available on the bavarianDEMON 3X.
• The bavarianDEMON 3X is equipped with a flash memory and can therefore be updated in service to the latest software level. This means that the system is open and can be adapted to enhancements in the software and helicopter mechanics field at any time.
Dimensions: 36 x 34 x 14 mm
Supply voltage: 4...10 V (2S-LiPo-compatible, min. 5.5V using Spektrum/JR satellites)
Max. roll & pitch rotational speed: 500°/s
Max. tail rotational speed: 650°/s (typical)
Servo frame rate: 55Hz / 220Hz selectable
Tail servo output: 1.520µs / 760µs selectable
Maximum servo currents: Total 10A (continuous load)
Weight: approx. 18g (without cable loom)
Length of connecting cables to receiver: 90 mm
Made in Germany
What's in the box:
- bavarianDEMON 3X professional flybarless system including assembly material
- Cable loom for receiver connection (90mm)
- Operating instructions
- USB lead for direct connection to PC / Notebook