With a slightly retro, cool look and feel, the FrSky Taranis X9E or "Tray" Taranis is very closely related to the enormously popular and wholly reliable Taranis Plus (X9D).
This is a 16 channel radio (expandable to 32) and has all the features we have come to expect from a Taranis transmitter including full telemetry, speech, channel mixing, different flight modes, multiple model memory, the list goes on and of course the amazing OpenTX firmware, which has been optimised, remains the heart of the machine.
The X9E comes with improved gimbals and a daylight readable LED screen at the top to display telemetry data. There is also Bluetooth connectivity for data transfer.
Once again FrSky have put together a premium quality radio control transmitter and have delivered it for a fraction of the cost of similar products on the market.
• Metal front panel
• Upper and lower information screens
• 6 potentiometers and 8 switches
• 2 potentiometer slots ansd 8 switch slots for extension
• 16 chanels/ up to 32 channels
• Two module two frequency system
• Receiver lock
• Low latency and high precision
• Full telemetry
• Real time flight data logging
• Quad Ball Bearing Gimbals
• Receiver Match
• Audio Speech Outputs (values, alarms, settings, etc.)
• Antenna Status Detection and Adjustment
• Receiver Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) Alerts
• Smart Port Supported
• Vibration Alerts
• Removeable hand rests
- Color OLED top mounted display for basic telemetry data
- Brand new gimbals with improved feel, 4 bearings
- New navigation via buttons and rotary encoder
- Bluetooth (not yet supported via computers)
- 2 additional sliders
- Expandable - more switches and pots!
- Safe start and safe shutdown power switch
Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers (plus other receivers if an external module is used)
Operating Voltage Range: 6~15V (2S, 3S Lipos are acceptable)
Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
Number of Channels: 16 Channels (extensible to 32 channels)
Operating Temperature Range: -10~60C
1 X Taranis X9E Transmitter
1 X X6R Receiver
1 X Neck Strap
1 X Carry Case
1 X 9.6V MiMH 2000maH Battery
1 X Charger (US Plug)
1 X SD Card
The most important aspect for any transmitter is maintaining a rock solid connection with the receiver. FrSky is well known for the frequency hopping ACCST technology taking advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band resulting in excellent range and reliability. FrSky knows many things can affect the connection between Transmitter and receiver so RSSI (receiver signal strength indication) is incorporated into all telemetry receivers. The Taranis transmitter is continually monitoring the reception quality at the aircraft. The Taranis will alert the pilot before signal quality becomes critical. This saves planes and makes the hobby much safer!
In addition to RSSI, the Taranis has other safety features. Receiver Lock allows you to lock a specific model in the transmitter to one and only one receiver. No more flying (crashing) with the wrong program selected. Taranis has three different types of Failsafe. 1 - Hold last known commands, 2- Goto a programmed state (cut throttle, flaps down, etc. 3- No output. (Triggers flight controllers with "go home" feature.) The RSSI feature means you probably won't ever use the failsafe. Voice Alerts Just like having a copilot, the transmitter will give you voice alerts on speaker or through the headphone jack. Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down, thermal mode entered, etc. can all be set up with human recorded voice of your creation, or sound packages shared online from other hobbyists.
The open-source software for the Taranis has been developed by hobbyist’s in the R/C community. The programmers of the transmitter’s firmware and companion software which runs on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh are very receptive to input and requests from users. There are no limitations based on marketing decisions. If you can think of it, chances are the Taranis is capable of doing it. With 60 model memories, tons of mixes, 9 flight modes, sequencing, servo speed, programmed delay all kinds of triggers, and the ability to assign any channel to anything, it is hard to come up with something this radio can't do. With this level of complexity, you would think the programming would be a real nightmare, but thanks to the forward thinking of the open source community, we can set up and test our programs on our favorite computer (PC, Mac or Ubuntu), it even features a handy set up wizard that will take care of most of the work! But they also made it easy to share programs freely via the USB port, or micro SD card on the back of the Taranis.
Are you heavily invested in another RF system? No worries, the Taranis E actually has a normal JR style module built inside that will accept modules for other transmitting protocols. In the model setup you simply tell the system if you are using the module bay, and shut down the internal FrSky module. Now you can use your Futaba, Spektrum, JR, and other receivers if you have a transmitter module that fits in a JR style module bay. (Note, you will need to remove the antenna from the module and screw on an antenna pigtail to mount the module entenna outside of the radio case.
FrSky has taken the hobby to a whole new level as they have evolved the transmitter to be more than a steering wheel. This is something truly special!
- Full Telemetry RSSI alarms (warns you of signal reception problems before disaster can strike)
- Haptic Feedback - vibration
- 16 channels (32 channels when combined with an additional XJT module)
- 60 model memories
- 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
- 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
- Voice or custom sound alerts
- USB and SD card slot for system expansion
- Long range system capable of up to 2 times the range of current 2.4 systems
- State-of-the-art open source software
- Large 212 X 64 backlit LCD screen
- Real-time data logging
- Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft - limited to FrSky X series receivers)
- JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
- Selectable flight mode (1, 2, 3, or 4) Ships in Mode 2, Throttle on left stick.
- 2 timers, count up or down, throttle %, talking, etc.
- Trims - Adjustable from course to extra fine with extended and exponential trims
- Standard trainer jack
It's no wonder people have been excited about this new transmitter. This hobby has never seen a more reliable and more affordable radio. FrSky has an excellent reputation for building high quality, highly reliable telemetry systems. The Taranis takes everything they have learned and pushes it to the next level!
|Now on sales||N/A|