Shipping Information & FAQ’s
- Shipping Frequently Asked Questions
- We at HeliDirect know that all else is lost if your order does not arrive to you, or does not meet your time-line for arrival, so we do our very best to offer the quickest & most precise shipping we can offer.
Please read below regarding our shipping policies, information and other important feedback when it comes to your orders, as we want to do our very best to make sure your order with us is one that will keep you coming back for more!
- Customer Shipping Information
- HeliDirect stores your current shipping address information within our secure system, whether inputted by you, or with the help of one of our customer service representatives, and uses this information to ship all orders to, unless otherwise changed by the customer, or at the request of the customer via our customer service representatives.
As for current shipping addresses within the HeliDirect system, it is the customer’s sole responsibility to update any changes and or corrections via our online account system, or by calling in to our customer service department. Any changes made to a previous order will not secure the address within our system – all address changes must be made via your online account through our website, or by contacting our customer service department.
HeliDirect cannot/will not be held responsible for any order(s) being shipped to an incorrect address, as we only update the customers address at the customer’s request. Any temporary changes to the address via a specific order will be as said – temporary – unless otherwise stated via the customer.
- Customer Addresses with Paypal Payments
- In regards to payment via PayPal method, the address listed within your PayPal account will not be used as a valid shipping address – it is the customer’s sole responsibility to update HeliDirect of any address differences before an order ships, as the order(s) placed through us are shipped via the customer address within our data base, which has been inputted via the customer, or at the request of the customer through our customer service department.
- Free Ground Shipping
- With a qualifying order of $100.00 or greater, we are happy to offer Free Ground Shipping within the USA, Lower 48 states only – AK & HI do not apply. Free Ground/Economy Shipping can ship out via UPS Ground or USPS Priority/1st Class – these shipping methods are at the discretion of our shipping staff.
Please note that with Free Shipping, we do not guarantee any delivery time, and with Free Shipping that ships via UPS Ground, some orders can take up to 7 days to arrive. If you are in need of a faster delivery time, we highly suggest that you pay for a quicker method, as Free Shipping is based upon Economy (5 to 7 days), and is not guaranteed.
If a faster shipping method is chosen with a qualifying order of $100.00 or greater, please know that we cannot offer any credit or discount towards a faster, alternative shipping method. If Free Ground Economy will not arrive on time, it is the customer’s sole responsibility to choose the correct method for proper delivery.
- Estimated Delivery Times
- Estimated delivery of your order can vary greatly, depending upon your location, and what shipping method you choose. We do our very best to ship your order the same day we receive it, and although not guaranteed, we usually succeed shipping same day if the order is placed early enough.
For all shipping related questions regarding delivery times, please check our Shipping FAQ below. For any further questions, feel free to contact us, as we would be happy to help!
- Lost Orders
- If you feel that your order(s) have been lost in transit, please contact our customer service department with your order number for help. Depending upon the carrier, we can initiate a trace for you and determine what may be the problem with your delivery. If your package has been lost via the carrier, we can re-ship for you as soon as the carrier validates our claim, or if an insurance option is selected. Please note that with international orders, this process can take several weeks in regards to a trace via the carrier used.
- Missing Parts or Items
- If your order happens to be missing a specific part or item, please contact our customer service department with your order number, and we will happy arrange a proper replacement for this item or items. In some instances, the manufacturer may send these parts direct; in this case, we will provide you with all the necessary information to make this request via the proper manufacturer.
- Shipping FAQ’s:
- Have some questions regarding shipping? Check below for some common questions and answers that will help you make a more informed decision when it comes to shipping. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us!
- Q: When Will My Order Ship?
- We do our very best to ship our orders the same day they are placed, as long as they are placed before the below shipping schedule. Please keep in mind that high demand, large orders, or other special circumstances (such as a question/comment left with the order) may delay your order slightly.
- Q: What Is The Latest Time I Can Place My Order for Same Day Shipping?
- For same day shipping, your order must be placed before our carriers arrive. Please keep in mind that it takes time to process your order, and due to this time, your order may ship the following business day. If this circumstance falls upon a Friday, your order will ship out on the following Monday, as we are not open during the weekends. For same day shipping, we urge you to place your order as early as possible; this will allow us to process your order and have it ready for our carriers.
- Q: What Are the Shipping Cutoff Times?
- USPS - 1:00pm EST/4:15pm EST (1st Class, Priority, EMS) FedEx Ground: 3:00pm EST (Ground/Home Delivery/Overnight/2 Day Air) FedEx Express: 5:00pm (FedEx 2 Day Air, FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight)
- Q: Do You Guarantee Same Day Shipping?
- No – we do not guarantee same day shipping, but with orders placed early enough, we almost always ship the same day, and we do our very best to ship your order out as rapidly as possible – very often the same day.
- Q: I Selected “Rush” for My Order – What Does This Mean?
- Our “Rush” feature will prioritize your order by highlighting it within our system, which our shipping staff will then start working on right away. With this “rush” method, your order will still ship via whatever carrier you choose, and does not designate a faster “shipping method’ – rush simply prompts us to ship your order as quickly as possible. Please bear in mind that if your order is placed at a time where we cannot process & ship quick enough for our pickup, that your order(s) will not ship same day. The “rush” method needs to be chosen in time before our cutoffs so we can properly ship your order as rapidly as possible.
- Q: If I Ship Overnight, Am I Guaranteed to Receive My Order the Next Day?
- If you select UPS or FedEx Overnight, and your order is placed before our cutoff times above, your order is guaranteed to arrive the next day via the specified carrier. If you place your order close to the cutoff time, please call us so we can notify you of the status of your order.
- Q: USPS/FedEx & UPS Note Specific Days the Order Will Arrive In – Is This Accurate?
- Both USPS, FedEx & UPS give “Estimates” of when the order will arrive when you are selecting the method of shipping (such as USPS Priority Mail, which states “2 to 3 Days”), but this is only an estimate, and cannot be guaranteed. With UPS & FedEx, depending upon your locale, the amount of days for shipping can be as little as 1 day, but this is not guaranteed, such as “Overnight” or “2 Day Air.” Please keep in mind that anything other than “2nd Day Air” & “Overnight” via UPS or FedEx are not guaranteed – the shipping time for all other methods listed on our site is simply an estimate via the carrier, and is usually quite accurate.
- Q: I’m a Local Customer or Will Be In Your Area – Can I Pick Up My Order?
- Yes – we offer “In House” pickups if you are local to our area, or are visiting within our area. Please contact us via phone so we can hold your order for you, or contact us to set your order up so we can waive the shipping costs for you.
- Q: I Selected Free Shipping – What Shipping Method Will My Order Ship Out With?
- With Free Shipping, our staff will decide which method works best for us; if you have a preference, we can see if we can ship via your preferred method, but with some orders, Free Shipping will be via 1 selected method, such as UPS Ground, and cannot be changed, unless the customer wants to pay for a different method. Please note that with Free Shipping, we do not guarantee any delivery time, and with Free Shipping that ships via UPS Ground, some orders can take up to 7 days to arrive. If you are in need of a faster delivery time, we highly suggest that you pay for a quicker method, as Free Shipping is based upon Economy (5 to 7 days), and is not guaranteed.
- Q: I Can Only Receive Orders via a Specific Carrier – What Are My Free Shipping Options?
- If you can only receive a specific carrier, such as US Mail, we will do our best to offer Free Shipping if your order qualifies for it, and if it is within the same costs as normal Ground Shipping. If you can only receive (1) specified carrier and have selected Free Shipping, note that we may not be able to offer the method of your choice, as some packages, due to size and/or weight, are very costly to ship other than Ground. In this case, we will cover a portion of the shipping, and will require additional payment for the remaining balance.
- Q: I Selected Priority Mail (2 to 3 Days), and My Order Is Late – Does My Shipping Get Refunded?
- Priority Mail (within the USA), is very accurate, and is almost always delivered on time, but is not guaranteed to arrive within 2 to 3 days. The only methods guaranteed by the shipper to arrive in a specific span of time is UPS or FedEx via select methods– HeliDirect in no way guarantees shipping methods via the postal service, and will not offer any refunds, credits, discounts or otherwise if an order is delayed via an unsecured method, such as USPS. HeliDirect also does not guarantee Priority Mail to be shipped same day, although we do our very best to ship all packages same day.
- Q: Do All Items via HeliDirect Ship for Free over $100.00?
- Most all of our stock will ship free within the USA for an order over $100.00, but a few select items do not qualify either due to their bulk, weight or a sizeable discount in order to match other competitors. Please check the item you are ordering – it will list if it’s available for Free Super Saver Shipping.
- Q: If My Order Ships “Signature Required,” Can I Waive This?
- Yes – if you want to waive a signature, we would be happy to assist, but please keep in mind that we will not be responsible for any lost or stolen orders, upon arrival. As for orders that have already shipped out with a “Signature Required” status, due to constraints with UPS and FedEx, the signature required status cannot be removed. We recommend having a neighbor receive your order, which can be directed via a note on your door regarding this.
- Q: I Just Placed an Order Online – Can I Modify It?
- If your order is still with us and has not left our warehouse, we would be more than happy to add to it, or modify it in some way. Please contact us via our Help Desk, or by phone for the fastest service.
- Q: I Just Received a Tracking Number, but It Doesn’t Work?
- Once your order is shipped, either via UPS, FedEx or USPS, the tracking number will not be “live” till the carrier picks up your order. Depending upon the carrier or method of shipping, this may take up to a few days. Some orders are placed later in the day, and even though our shipping department has set them to “Shipped,” they will not ship out till the following business day, which can also delay tracking updates.
- Q: My Order Shipped via USPS, but the Tracking Info Has Not Changed?
- For orders shipped via USPS, the tracking info is not like what is seen with FedEx and UPS – USPS updates every few days, and sometimes the info can be delayed. Please give your tracking 1 day or more to update, and please note that this tracking number is actually a delivery confirmation number, and may not be updated at all till your order is delivered to your door.
- Q: My Package Is Delayed – What Do I Do?
- If your order is delayed, please check your tracking number first, and if the info is the same, and several days have passed, please contact us – we can either contact the shipper, or give you an estimated time of when it should arrive. Please keep in mind that 1st Class Mail within the USA can take up to 7 days, even if it has arrived within just a few days with past orders.
- Q: My Order Arrived with Damage or Errors – What Can I Do?
- In the case of any order errors or product damage not related to shipping, please contact us via or Help Desk under “contact us” or call us via our phone support for help. For quick help, please have your order number ready. In case of product damage not related to shipping, our staff may request a photo of the product for our internal records.
- Q: My Order Arrived with Shipping Damage – What Should I Do?
- If your order arrives with apparent shipping damage, notify the carrier of the damage and refuse the shipment. If the order was left at your door with shipping damage, or you received the order with damage, please do not open the box; contact us for instructions and we will be sure to assist.