One of the oldest and most loved memes on the internet
The humble badger is the namesake of Armattan's newest flagship. With a design based off of the Marmotte frame, the Badger updates it with removable arms: carefully designed to ensure a rock-solid construction.
This is the newest revision of Armattan's titanium cage; the same as on the Marmotte. And just in case you haven't heard what the perks of this cage are compared to any other, we'll run through them quickly here.- Independent HD camera tilt means there's no need to deal with foam wedges for the front or back of your recording camera.
- A minimized weight due to a state of the art, 6-axis milling process.
And the best part? All of these perks come on top of the firm mount and incredible protection that you've come to expect from an Armattan product.
Since having removable arms is the major draw for this release, we wanted to specifically mention how they work. The arms mount up with two bolts and two sunk-nuts each. The sunk-nuts go straight into the 4mm baseplate, so there's no need to worry about delamination. When installed, the arms meet in the center of the baseplate, further locking down the construction. We're providing you with a remarkably solid, precise product, and we know that you will have full confidence in this frame.
This frame comes with tons of other bells and whistles. As you've come to expect, an extended-aluminum rear provides a protected mount for your VTX antenna no matter whether you use a TBS, SMA, or U.FL style connector. The frame maintains compatibility with 5.5 inch props for those of you who like to ride the line, and the long body means you can more easily fit an HD camera and a bigger lipo, even with high cam tilt. The FC can mount up on either the 30.5mm or 20mm options, and there are even 20mm rear provisions as well for a VTX or any other board.
Add the differences in carbon and the extra hardware, and you're probably expecting this frame to be considerably heavier than the fixed arm version (the Marmotte). Well due to our experience in design and some clever optimization, we've kept the difference down to 15g. You can thank us later.
I almost can't believe we're still having this conversation, but keep in mind that we'll never stop reassuring you. Full warranty protection. Cage. Carbon. Everything.
2x Camera-cage brackets
2x Camera-cage anchors
10x 4mm M3 iron bolts
14x 6mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
8x 8mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
10x 10mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
4x 16mm M3 iron bolts
6x 2.5mm M2 cuphead iron bolts
1x 23mm front standoff
2x tail posts
2x camera savers
4x 6mm M3 standoffs
2x M6 nylon washers
1x 2mm Top (LiPo) plate
1x 1.5mm HD Cam plate
1x 4mm Main plate
2x Antenna mount plates (TBS and SMA)
1x Lipo strap
1x LiPo foam pad
1x HD camera foam pad
4x Dog-bone landing pads
1x Antenna mount
1x SMA grommet
1x Diamond-coated steel file
1x Build instructions
|Frame Weight||approx. 130 grams|
|Motor to Motor||236mm|
|Frame Shape||Compressed X|
|Main Plate Thickness||4mm|
|Motor Mount Pattern||22xx|
|FC Stack Mount||
20mm and 30.5mm compatible
|FPV Camera Mount||Mini-camera (21mm)|
|FPV Antenna Mounts||TBS, SMA and U.FL compatible|
|Max Stack Height||20mm|
|Prop Size||Up to 5.5"|
Product Spare Parts
We truly thank you for your purchase, and when things go wrong, we are here to help in any way that we are capable of doing so.
In regards to any warranty related matter, please reference the below information to help understand our warranty policies, as these warranty policies are absolute when it comes to any purchase made via HeliDirect.
Warranty Time Frame
Regarding product(s) purchased via HeliDirect, each manufacturer has their own specified warranty time frame, and HeliDirect holds the sole right to direct the customer to the manufacturer for stated warranty support in regards to manufacturer's that require direct level warranty support.
Our stated (14) day return policy directly relates to brand new, unused products being returned for a refund or store credit, and does not relate to warranty related situations for faulty product(s). Faulty, damaged or problematic items are handled upon a case by case basis, and will be detailed below based upon the warranty options available.
Our team at HeliDirect is highly motivated to assist in every possible way regarding warranty support, but please be 100% aware that warranty support for the product(s) you have purchased may be handled directly via the manufacturer, and not through HeliDirect.
If your product(s) involve direct manufacturer support, we are still available to assist. We ask that the customer make the initial manufacturer contact for warranty support, but in the case where a manufacturer response is not receive within (5) business days, HeliDirect will step in upon your behalf, utilizing our channels to assist you with this manufacturer based support.
In the above case, HeliDirect will do everything in our power to make sure the manufacturer assists you directly, but please note that all such warranty in regards to an issue like this will still be directed through the manufacturer.
Warranty Related Issues
Please note that HeliDirect is not a warranty repair center, nor do we offer warranty regarding many items we resell. Product(s) purchased via HeliDirect are subject to the original vendor’s repair / replacement warranty policies & timelines, and will be directed to the manufacturer at our discretion.
HeliDirect will not assume responsibility and / or liability for any manufacturer defect, or damage due the use / misuse of the product(s) purchased. Further, HeliDirect cannot / will not be held liable for ancillary damage to product(s) based upon a manufacturer fault or defect. All such issues will be dealt with at the manufacturer based level.
If your item is found to have a fault or defect after installation or use, your product may be subject to warranty repair via the original manufacturer, no matter what the purchase date may be. HeliDirect does not cover repair, replacement or warranty via used / installed products. All such issues will need to be dealt with at the manufacturer level.
Damage Due to Ancillary Product Failure
In regards to damage that directly results to a failed product installed in conjunction with another product, we are happy to assist in terms of warranty support for the product that has failed, but please be aware that we cannot be held liable for ancillary damage to other items or components that may have been damaged due to the original product failure.
If your product is approved by our customer service staff as a valid return that we will handle directly, please note the below information regarding all such approved warranty items sent to HeliDirect.
- Any item(s) approved for return to HeliDirect will be subject to inspection and or testing to verify the noted information provided by the customer regarding the flaws, faults or damage.
- Due to the various aspects of testing, repair and other return processes, please be aware that any such approved return will require (2) to (5) business days for proper processing. Our staff will certainly do all that we can to reduce this time to the bare minimum, but please be aware that the return process can take up to (5) business days to complete.
- If the product(s) approved for return are deemed faulty by our returns specialists, we will proceed with a repair, exchange, credit or refund based upon the situation at hand. All such information will be communicated to the customer before any re-shipment is made.
- If an item that encounters a warranty issue after usage, HeliDirect may opt to repair the product versus an exchange, as exchanges can only be made for valid warranty relating to products that have no use of flaws. Our staff will be sure item is in 100% working order based upon any repairs, but exchanges, credits or refund cannot be offered for items under warranty that have been used and are no longer able to be sold as new.
- In the case of product(s) returned to us that test to be non faulty, the product(s) will be returned to the customer in the condition received. Our staff will reach out to the customer with necessary information regarding what may have been missed, and what steps to take in order to utilize the product(s) effectively.
- For non faulty diagnoses of returned product(s), refunds, store credits or exchanges cannot be offered, as the product(s) received cannot be sold as new and unused.