Every FPVers Toolbox Needs One…
FPV is made possible thanks to two RF links, a control link, and a video link. Without an RF Power Meter, a pilot has no way to test these critical RF links.
Test equipment for microwave (GHz) links is not cheap. ImmersionRC changed this several years ago and provided our ‘Power Meter v1’ to the FPV community. The v2 is the result of listening to customer feedback. We added an internal battery an internal attenuator and a few features that every FPVer needs.
Accurate RF Power Measurements
Is the latest whiz-bang hype-train VTX really as good as the datasheet claims? Does it really emit 25mW on all race channels? Does it still emit 25mW 30 minutes later?
The RF Power Meter v2 allows these questions, and much more to be answered.
Back in the early days of FPV racing ImmersionRC pioneered low-power racing, where everyone runs 25mW. This became a world-standard within a few short months and continues to be the standard today. The Power Meter v2 gives you the measurement tool that you need to test transmitters before you get surprised at the next race.
Touch-Free Race Compliance
Are you ready to test your video transmitter before the hammer comes out?
With the included stubby dipole, the RF Power Meter v2 is all that you need to perform a rough power test on any FPV platform, even without unscrewing it’s antenna.
Calibrate the meter on a ‘known good’ platform, and walk down the start grid testing each quad ready to race. Quads accidentally set on high power (hammer-ready), or those with hardware/cable/connector/antenna problems emitting a few micro-watts are identified before the first gate.
We call this ‘Scully Mode’ for a good reason. Joe Scully, the best FPV MC in the business, perfected this test technique to ensure successful race meets on all four corners of the globe.
So you know that ‘packets’ of data are flowing from your R/C Tx, or Long Range system, to your model… but what if you could ‘see’ them?.
The PowerScope mode of the RF Power Meter v2 presents you with a visual representation of the power being emitted from your radio.
How fast are they packets emitted? are the multitude of antennas in your radio working? where are they? what orientation?
You can even spot transmitters which comply with LBT (listen before talk), or Duty Cycle limitations.
Yeah, it is a geek tool, but it does impress the opposite sex!
Average, or Peak Measurements
Analog Video Transmitters emit a steady stream of RF goodness. R/C Controllers emit a stream of pulsed goodness (which just happens to be heading in the opposite direction).
The RF Power Meter v2 can deliver accurate power measurements for both types of RF signals.
Integrated Li-ion Battery
The v2 contains an integrated Lithium Ion battery, which will power the meter for at least 8 solid hours. With auto-shutdown after periods of inactivity, a single charge will power your meter for days at the race track.
Recharged using a standard micro-USB connector in less than one hour.
Product Spare Parts
We truly thank you for your purchase, and when things go wrong, we are here to help in any way that we are capable of doing so.
In regards to any warranty related matter, please reference the below information to help understand our warranty policies, as these warranty policies are absolute when it comes to any purchase made via HeliDirect.
Warranty Time Frame
Regarding product(s) purchased via HeliDirect, each manufacturer has their own specified warranty time frame, and HeliDirect holds the sole right to direct the customer to the manufacturer for stated warranty support in regards to manufacturer's that require direct level warranty support.
Our stated (14) day return policy directly relates to brand new, unused products being returned for a refund or store credit, and does not relate to warranty related situations for faulty product(s). Faulty, damaged or problematic items are handled upon a case by case basis, and will be detailed below based upon the warranty options available.
Our team at HeliDirect is highly motivated to assist in every possible way regarding warranty support, but please be 100% aware that warranty support for the product(s) you have purchased may be handled directly via the manufacturer, and not through HeliDirect.
If your product(s) involve direct manufacturer support, we are still available to assist. We ask that the customer make the initial manufacturer contact for warranty support, but in the case where a manufacturer response is not receive within (5) business days, HeliDirect will step in upon your behalf, utilizing our channels to assist you with this manufacturer based support.
In the above case, HeliDirect will do everything in our power to make sure the manufacturer assists you directly, but please note that all such warranty in regards to an issue like this will still be directed through the manufacturer.
Warranty Related Issues
Please note that HeliDirect is not a warranty repair center, nor do we offer warranty regarding many items we resell. Product(s) purchased via HeliDirect are subject to the original vendor’s repair / replacement warranty policies & timelines, and will be directed to the manufacturer at our discretion.
HeliDirect will not assume responsibility and / or liability for any manufacturer defect, or damage due the use / misuse of the product(s) purchased. Further, HeliDirect cannot / will not be held liable for ancillary damage to product(s) based upon a manufacturer fault or defect. All such issues will be dealt with at the manufacturer based level.
If your item is found to have a fault or defect after installation or use, your product may be subject to warranty repair via the original manufacturer, no matter what the purchase date may be. HeliDirect does not cover repair, replacement or warranty via used / installed products. All such issues will need to be dealt with at the manufacturer level.
Damage Due to Ancillary Product Failure
In regards to damage that directly results to a failed product installed in conjunction with another product, we are happy to assist in terms of warranty support for the product that has failed, but please be aware that we cannot be held liable for ancillary damage to other items or components that may have been damaged due to the original product failure.
If your product is approved by our customer service staff as a valid return that we will handle directly, please note the below information regarding all such approved warranty items sent to HeliDirect.
- Any item(s) approved for return to HeliDirect will be subject to inspection and or testing to verify the noted information provided by the customer regarding the flaws, faults or damage.
- Due to the various aspects of testing, repair and other return processes, please be aware that any such approved return will require (2) to (5) business days for proper processing. Our staff will certainly do all that we can to reduce this time to the bare minimum, but please be aware that the return process can take up to (5) business days to complete.
- If the product(s) approved for return are deemed faulty by our returns specialists, we will proceed with a repair, exchange, credit or refund based upon the situation at hand. All such information will be communicated to the customer before any re-shipment is made.
- If an item that encounters a warranty issue after usage, HeliDirect may opt to repair the product versus an exchange, as exchanges can only be made for valid warranty relating to products that have no use of flaws. Our staff will be sure item is in 100% working order based upon any repairs, but exchanges, credits or refund cannot be offered for items under warranty that have been used and are no longer able to be sold as new.
- In the case of product(s) returned to us that test to be non faulty, the product(s) will be returned to the customer in the condition received. Our staff will reach out to the customer with necessary information regarding what may have been missed, and what steps to take in order to utilize the product(s) effectively.
- For non faulty diagnoses of returned product(s), refunds, store credits or exchanges cannot be offered, as the product(s) received cannot be sold as new and unused.