The LaForge V4 module is a 5.8GHz spectrum scanner with OLED display and a load of features that will forever change the way you FPV.
Designed exclusively for the Fat Shark module bay. With this main module you will immediately have the power to quickly tune into your crafts channel, or scan the spectrum to find a free channel, or even tune into a friends channel.
But it doesn't stop there; add the diversity module for an even more reliable FPV experience or get the video transmitter that can quickly bind to the LaForge Module. And use the LaForge Handheld IR Remote to make connecting your Module and Transmitter a breeze!
Download the LaForge Manual by clicking here.
New Features with V4
Full Graphics OSD: That’s right, everything that is displayed on the OLED will now be mirrored on the micro-displays in the form of an OSD.
USB Support: There is an entirely new graphical user interface for updating firmware and making custom settings. The module can be powered via USB and used as a real-time spectrum analyzer which will appear on your computer’s display.
Microphone: A small microphone replaces the IR Emitter. The pilot may select this microphone from the settings menu to record pit audio over their DVR footage. This microphone has a low gain and should be adjusted in post-production to increase the volume.
LED Control: For those advanced users, we have made a data pad available that will control a series of LEDs. An external 5v source will be needed and left up to the pilot to tap into. It will be well worth the mod to really push customization options over the top.
Version 4 Diversity module is required with the v4 Main Module in order to utilize the speaker. If you choose not to upgrade your diversity module you will need to remove the speaker from the v2 or Lower Diversity module.
- Push Button instead of Scroll Wheel
- Fat Shark Channel Button integration: Easily change channels now with the stock Fat Shark button on top of the goggles.
- Save Channel: Startup with last saved channel and settings.
- Screen Saver: Display current channel, call sign, and signal strength.
- Settings Menu: Calibrate RSSI, set call sign, frequency order, save.
- Quick Save: Hold select for 2 seconds in manual mode & Search Mode.
- Status LEDs: Indicates power, status, and active antenna.
- IR Emitter: Quickly bind to the LaForge Pro module. (Recommended as a backup source for pro module. IR Remote is the preferred method)Quickly bind to the LaForge Pro module.
- Three Button navigation: Up, down, select.
- Manual Mode: Set channel manually.
- Search Mode: Search next channel based on signal strength.
- Scanner: Scan spectrum of all 40 channels.
- Clean Power: Large 470uf tantalum capacitor.
- Antenna Connector: SMA
- Dual Antenna Filter
|5740||5760||5780||5800||5820||5840||5860||5880||Band F / Airwave|
|5658||5695||5732||5769||5806||5843||5880||5917||Band C / Raceband|
- 1x LaForge Main Module v4
- 1x Main Module Molded door
- 1x 90° SMA
Product Spare Parts
We truly thank you for your purchase, and when things go wrong, we are here to help in any way that we are capable of doing so.
In regards to any warranty related matter, please reference the below information to help understand our warranty policies, as these warranty policies are absolute when it comes to any purchase made via HeliDirect.
Warranty Time Frame
Regarding product(s) purchased via HeliDirect, each manufacturer has their own specified warranty time frame, and HeliDirect holds the sole right to direct the customer to the manufacturer for stated warranty support in regards to manufacturer's that require direct level warranty support.
Our stated (14) day return policy directly relates to brand new, unused products being returned for a refund or store credit, and does not relate to warranty related situations for faulty product(s). Faulty, damaged or problematic items are handled upon a case by case basis, and will be detailed below based upon the warranty options available.
Our team at HeliDirect is highly motivated to assist in every possible way regarding warranty support, but please be 100% aware that warranty support for the product(s) you have purchased may be handled directly via the manufacturer, and not through HeliDirect.
If your product(s) involve direct manufacturer support, we are still available to assist. We ask that the customer make the initial manufacturer contact for warranty support, but in the case where a manufacturer response is not receive within (5) business days, HeliDirect will step in upon your behalf, utilizing our channels to assist you with this manufacturer based support.
In the above case, HeliDirect will do everything in our power to make sure the manufacturer assists you directly, but please note that all such warranty in regards to an issue like this will still be directed through the manufacturer.
Warranty Related Issues
Please note that HeliDirect is not a warranty repair center, nor do we offer warranty regarding many items we resell. Product(s) purchased via HeliDirect are subject to the original vendor’s repair / replacement warranty policies & timelines, and will be directed to the manufacturer at our discretion.
HeliDirect will not assume responsibility and / or liability for any manufacturer defect, or damage due the use / misuse of the product(s) purchased. Further, HeliDirect cannot / will not be held liable for ancillary damage to product(s) based upon a manufacturer fault or defect. All such issues will be dealt with at the manufacturer based level.
If your item is found to have a fault or defect after installation or use, your product may be subject to warranty repair via the original manufacturer, no matter what the purchase date may be. HeliDirect does not cover repair, replacement or warranty via used / installed products. All such issues will need to be dealt with at the manufacturer level.
Damage Due to Ancillary Product Failure
In regards to damage that directly results to a failed product installed in conjunction with another product, we are happy to assist in terms of warranty support for the product that has failed, but please be aware that we cannot be held liable for ancillary damage to other items or components that may have been damaged due to the original product failure.
If your product is approved by our customer service staff as a valid return that we will handle directly, please note the below information regarding all such approved warranty items sent to HeliDirect.
- Any item(s) approved for return to HeliDirect will be subject to inspection and or testing to verify the noted information provided by the customer regarding the flaws, faults or damage.
- Due to the various aspects of testing, repair and other return processes, please be aware that any such approved return will require (2) to (5) business days for proper processing. Our staff will certainly do all that we can to reduce this time to the bare minimum, but please be aware that the return process can take up to (5) business days to complete.
- If the product(s) approved for return are deemed faulty by our returns specialists, we will proceed with a repair, exchange, credit or refund based upon the situation at hand. All such information will be communicated to the customer before any re-shipment is made.
- If an item that encounters a warranty issue after usage, HeliDirect may opt to repair the product versus an exchange, as exchanges can only be made for valid warranty relating to products that have no use of flaws. Our staff will be sure item is in 100% working order based upon any repairs, but exchanges, credits or refund cannot be offered for items under warranty that have been used and are no longer able to be sold as new.
- In the case of product(s) returned to us that test to be non faulty, the product(s) will be returned to the customer in the condition received. Our staff will reach out to the customer with necessary information regarding what may have been missed, and what steps to take in order to utilize the product(s) effectively.
- For non faulty diagnoses of returned product(s), refunds, store credits or exchanges cannot be offered, as the product(s) received cannot be sold as new and unused.