British Drone Industry Digidapter Plug & Play Analog Adapter DJI Digital FPV System
The Digidapter is probably the most perfect solution to operate your DJI FPV Digital Video Glasses with analogue receivers at the moment. Ideal if you still have analog video receivers and don't want to switch to digital immediately. Compatible with existing modules - The Digidapter is compatible with existing analog modules. It has a standard 9-pin header for use with TBS Fusion, Foxxer Wildfire, Rapid Fire, True D-X, Eachine Pro58 and other modules.
The British Drone Industry Digidapter can easily be connected plug & play without soldering.
Installation takes less than a minute and is quickly and easily attached to the front of your DJI FPV digital video eyewear. Includes optional solder pads for a wireless solution
- Dimensions 158x74x40mm 6.25x3x1.6 inch
- Weight 34g
- Packed weight 110g
- Ports 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC In 7.4v-17.6v (2s-4s)
- 4-pin 3.5mm video output
- 3-pin 3.5 mm audio output
- 9-pin RF module receiver connector
- Cable 5.5mm x 2.1mm male to 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC female connector, 4-pin gold plated 3.5mm video cable with 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male
- Maximum input voltage 17.6 Volt DC
- Minimum input voltage 7.4 volts DC
- Nominal output voltage 5 Volt DC
- Maximum module supply current 1.5 amps
- Rated continuous power 7,5 Watt
- Material/Colour Matt black, injection moulded, Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene
- 1 x Digidapter front panel
- 1 x Analog Video Cable
- 1 x dual DC/DC plug to a split DC jack cable
- 1 x allen key
- 2 x 12 mm cap screws
What is Digidapter?
Digidapter is an analogue module-receiver adapter for the DJI digital glasses, which is compatible with modules that use a normal 9-pin receiver strip, such as the RapidFIRE.
Which modules are compatible?
You can use receiver modules that use a standard 9-pin receiver strip. This includes modules such as RapidFIRE, Foxxer, Eachine Pro58, TBS Fusion and other 5.8Ghz/2.4Ghz modules.
What voltage is used?
The input voltage of the Digidapter is between 7.4V and 17.6V DC ( 2s-4s LiPo). The output is low noise 5V DC to the module slot.
Can the Digidapter work with my HV module?
Yes, the power supply of the Digidapter is able to supply enough current for all receivers on the market today, with a maximum current of 1.5A at 5V. For example, the RapidFIRE module consumes ~350mA, and with the digital adapter, all modules that previously required a flexible additional cable do not need one.
Where are the cables laid?
The short 4-pin video cable runs from the top of the Digi-Adapter to the headphone socket of the DJI digital glasses.
The DC power cable is a two-way splitter and is plugged into the central socket of the Digi-Adapter and the power socket of the DJI digital glasses. You can then connect your original power source to the splitter.
Can I use a separate battery for the Digidapter?
The input voltage range of the Digidapter is the same as that of the DJI digital glasses and can be powered from the same source as the DJI digital glasses using the supplied cable.
Note: When using a separate power source, the ground should be connected externally.
How can I see the image on the DJI video glasses?
To view the feed from the Digidapter, you need to set the DJI Digital Goggles to AV IN mode; to do this, go to Settings and then select AV IN
Can I record videos?
Yes, the recording functionality of the DJI Digital Goggles works with the Digidapter. Please refer to DJI's documentation for more details on recording.
All modules should snap firmly into the module slot.
Does my module fit into the slot of the Digidapter?
We have found some variations in shape, dimensions and fit on the various receiver modules we have tested, and some modules may need to be modified, removed and/or padded to achieve a perfect fit.
- Use the supplied 1.5mm Allen wrench to remove the front cover of your DJI digital glasses.
- Use the 2 supplied screws to attach the Digi-Adapter to the video glasses, do not over-tighten these screws.
- Connect your module, see module specific hints for further information on specific modules
- Connect the supplied video and power cables from the Digi Adapter to the DJI Digital Goggles.
- Connect your 7.4v-17.6v (2s-4s) to the split cable.
- Go to Settings and select AV in using the controls on your DJI Digital Goggles
They are ready to fly!
During testing we found that this module (Furious True-D X) works poorly with the DJI FPV Goggles on early firmware versions. Please make sure to upgrade to the latest available version to ensure compatibility. Please update before doing so.