4km maximum transmission distance; FCC: 4 km, CE: 0.7 km, SRRC: 4 km.
 Latency rate under 28ms at 720p/120fps and under 40ms at 720p/60fps.
 There are up to eight channels for DJI FPV Goggles depending on the region (FCC: 8, CE/SRRC: 4, MIC: 3). Each channel has a bandwidth of 20 MHz. The default channel is eight and only one pilot at a time is allowed to use this channel. Forgetting to change this channel can affect your connectivity when operating the FPV Air Unit. Channel eight can be changed manually to avoid interference from other devices. All channels operate under a 5.8GHz frequency.
 The DJI FPV Air Unit can also record in 720p/60fps and 720p/120fps (without audio).
 7ms low latency between the DJI FPV RC and DJI FPV Air Unit can only be achieved under ideal conditions. Latency rates are not consistent.
 4-in-1 closed-loop software for the DJI FPV RC reduces operational errors and allows users to change settings remotely.
 Users must remove the microSD card from their DJI FPV Air Unit and insert it in their DJI FPV Goggles to watch recorded videos.
 Omnidirectional antennas are only compatible with other antennas that are left-hand circular polarized.
 Custom-made myopia lenses are only compatible with DJI FPV Goggles and will be sold at the DJI Store.
 Unobstructed and free of interference when FCC compliant. Maximum flight range specification is a proxy for radio link strength and resilience.
 The end-to-end latency is the total time from camera input to screen display. DJI FPV Goggles can reach their maximum transmission distance (FCC) in a wide-open area with no electromagnetic interference, achieving minimum latency in Low Latency mode (720p/120fps).
 4km maximum transmission distance; FCC: 4 km, CE: 0.7 km, SRRC: 4 km.
Product Spare Parts
We truly thank you for your purchase, and when things go wrong, we are here to help in any way that we are capable of doing so.
In regards to any warranty related matter, please reference the below information to help understand our warranty policies, as these warranty policies are absolute when it comes to any purchase made via HeliDirect.
Warranty Time Frame
Regarding product(s) purchased via HeliDirect, each manufacturer has their own specified warranty time frame, and HeliDirect holds the sole right to direct the customer to the manufacturer for stated warranty support in regards to manufacturer's that require direct level warranty support.
Our stated (14) day return policy directly relates to brand new, unused products being returned for a refund or store credit, and does not relate to warranty related situations for faulty product(s). Faulty, damaged or problematic items are handled upon a case by case basis, and will be detailed below based upon the warranty options available.
Our team at HeliDirect is highly motivated to assist in every possible way regarding warranty support, but please be 100% aware that warranty support for the product(s) you have purchased may be handled directly via the manufacturer, and not through HeliDirect.
If your product(s) involve direct manufacturer support, we are still available to assist. We ask that the customer make the initial manufacturer contact for warranty support, but in the case where a manufacturer response is not receive within (5) business days, HeliDirect will step in upon your behalf, utilizing our channels to assist you with this manufacturer based support.
In the above case, HeliDirect will do everything in our power to make sure the manufacturer assists you directly, but please note that all such warranty in regards to an issue like this will still be directed through the manufacturer.
Warranty Related Issues
Please note that HeliDirect is not a warranty repair center, nor do we offer warranty regarding many items we resell. Product(s) purchased via HeliDirect are subject to the original vendor’s repair / replacement warranty policies & timelines, and will be directed to the manufacturer at our discretion.
HeliDirect will not assume responsibility and / or liability for any manufacturer defect, or damage due the use / misuse of the product(s) purchased. Further, HeliDirect cannot / will not be held liable for ancillary damage to product(s) based upon a manufacturer fault or defect. All such issues will be dealt with at the manufacturer based level.
If your item is found to have a fault or defect after installation or use, your product may be subject to warranty repair via the original manufacturer, no matter what the purchase date may be. HeliDirect does not cover repair, replacement or warranty via used / installed products. All such issues will need to be dealt with at the manufacturer level.
Damage Due to Ancillary Product Failure
In regards to damage that directly results to a failed product installed in conjunction with another product, we are happy to assist in terms of warranty support for the product that has failed, but please be aware that we cannot be held liable for ancillary damage to other items or components that may have been damaged due to the original product failure.
If your product is approved by our customer service staff as a valid return that we will handle directly, please note the below information regarding all such approved warranty items sent to HeliDirect.
- Any item(s) approved for return to HeliDirect will be subject to inspection and or testing to verify the noted information provided by the customer regarding the flaws, faults or damage.
- Due to the various aspects of testing, repair and other return processes, please be aware that any such approved return will require (2) to (5) business days for proper processing. Our staff will certainly do all that we can to reduce this time to the bare minimum, but please be aware that the return process can take up to (5) business days to complete.
- If the product(s) approved for return are deemed faulty by our returns specialists, we will proceed with a repair, exchange, credit or refund based upon the situation at hand. All such information will be communicated to the customer before any re-shipment is made.
- If an item that encounters a warranty issue after usage, HeliDirect may opt to repair the product versus an exchange, as exchanges can only be made for valid warranty relating to products that have no use of flaws. Our staff will be sure item is in 100% working order based upon any repairs, but exchanges, credits or refund cannot be offered for items under warranty that have been used and are no longer able to be sold as new.
- In the case of product(s) returned to us that test to be non faulty, the product(s) will be returned to the customer in the condition received. Our staff will reach out to the customer with necessary information regarding what may have been missed, and what steps to take in order to utilize the product(s) effectively.
- For non faulty diagnoses of returned product(s), refunds, store credits or exchanges cannot be offered, as the product(s) received cannot be sold as new and unused.
I have been flying analog for a couple years and it's a lot of fun, but there is nothing like digital once you've experienced it. It makes me feel like a better pilot.
The DJI Controller works well. If you're used to a computer radio you may think it looks a little basic, but given that everything is adjusted on the FC, it just needs to be a good, solid radio with good gimbals, feel good in your hands and have great range. It meets all those for me.
The googles are great as well. They are bright with good color, all the buttons are in a good place so you can use them with out looking; although it may be better suited to a right handed person. It's good to have a good size battery - I use 2500 Li-Ion packs. The one thing that is a concern is about the power possibly coming disconnected since it just slides in - you have to be careful about that. There are many 'hacks' out there including zip ties, 3d printed parts and after market items.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and use it daily.
HD FPV is incredible and well worth switching to over analog. The DJI system is great and I would recommend getting it but here is why I only gave it 4*
* The fit of the goggles is not as nice as fatshark. The stock foam is thin and allows a bunch of light leak. There are other foam pads and fixes out there but for the money, these goggles should fit better
* No (easy) focus adjustment
* No HD for tiny whoops (yet). Yes you can do an analog mod on these but for now I am sticking to the fatsharks for analog
* OSD has not caught up yet - you can get a lot of the betaflight OSD elements on the screen but not all - including warnings
* can't record FPV video with OSD
* Proprietary DJI air units - what happens when remote id kicks in?
Granted it is a first gen product so I am sure DJI will take care of most of these but that is why it is a 4 for me and not a 5. At the end of the day, flying HD quads is freaking incredible and well worth the investment.