O.S.Engine 55AX ABL .55 Airplane Glow Engine With Muffler
|You will earn 225.14 points for buying this product|
The O.S. .55AX ABL Glow Airplane Engine is better than ever, with an improved carburetor and muffler. You get the same phenomenal power, with the convenience and safety of a rear angled needle valve on the carb and a squared off muffler for easier cowling installation. If you want .50 scale power that fits conveniently in .40 size planes, get the 55AX and get flying!
- Comes with the E3071 muffler for quiet efficiency.
- 40K carburetor has a diagonally placed needle valve so you don't need a remote needle valve.
- Mounts directly into the bolt pattern for the O.S. Max .46 AXII
- Advanced Bimetallic Liner (ABL) uses two alloys to provide a durable layer between the brass liner and piston.
- Recommended prop sizes: 12x7, 12x8, 13x6, 13x7.
- Angular head design offers increased surface area for better cooling
- Two year limited warranty through Hobby Services beginning at date of purchase
- Requires Aircraft blend fuel containing 5%-20% Nitromethane with at least 18% lubricant
- Includes O.S. Max 55 AX ABL Aircraft Engine with E-3071 Muffler, 40K carburetor, #8 glow plug, illustrated instruction manual, 3.5" (90mm) long needle valve, extension cable and two 3x35mm muffler screws
Displacement: .545 cu in (8.93cc)
Bore: .91" (23mm)
Stroke: .85" (21.5mm)
Practical RPM: 2,000-17,000
Power Output: 1.75 PS, 1.68 HP/16,000 RPM
Weight: 14.29oz (404g) w/o muffler
Recommended Props: 11x6, 11x7, 12x6, 12x7, 13x6
Crankshaft thread size: 1/4-28
Distance from center of engine to drive hub: 2.4" (60.4mm)
Distance from center of engine to end of crankshaft: 4.4" (112.6mm)
Distance/crankshaft center to muffler exhaust outlet: 1.4" (36.7mm)
Height from crankcase bottom to top of cylinder head: 3.6" (91.1mm)
Height/crankshaft center to top of cylinder head: 2.8" (72.6mm)
Width including mounting tabs: 2" (51mm)
Width not including mounting tabs: 1.4" (36mm)
Width between mounting holes same side: .69" (17.5mm)
Width between mounting holes opposite side: 1.7" (44mm)
Diameter of muffler body: 1.5" (38mm)
Angle of muffler in relation to engine: 4°