The New Scorpion HKII-4530 series motors are designed for using on 700 class helicopters running on 12-cell Li-Po power. These motors feature several design improvements over the original HK-4530 motors, for even higher performance and better efficiency in your 700 Class Electric Helicopter!
The new HKII-4530-540KV motor is wound with a single strand of 1.5mm wire for the highest possible efficiency. This motor is capable of running continuously at an input power of 4800 watts at 115 amps, and can handle peak inputs of 11000 watts and 250 amps for 2 seconds.
Scorpion Competition Series Brushless Motors are built from the best materials available, and are designed to provide both quality and performance at an affordable price. Scorpion starts with high quality aluminum alloy parts that are produced on the latest CNC milling machines. These parts are then gold Electro-Coated to provide a beautiful, long-lasting finish. The stators are made with 0.2mm laminations to give maximum efficiency, and minimum Eddy current losses. The stators are epoxy coated to prevent shorts, and are wound with wire that is rated at 180 degrees C (356 F). The magnets used in Scorpion Motors are custom manufactured to be able to withstand high temperatures, making a motor that is virtually impossible to burn up in normal use.
Scorpion Motors are built to last, and are backed with a 2-Year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. However, due to the high RPM of these motors, and the fact that we cannot control the installation and setup, the bearings are not covered by the 2-Year warranty, nor is any subsequent damage caused to the motor by a bearing failure. Bearings are a normal wear item, and as such, need to be maintained and changed periodically. For maximum life, make sure that a sufficient gap is left between the pinion and main gear during motor installation to avoid binding, and put a small drop of oil on each bearing every 5-6 flights. It is the responsibility of the pilot to ensure that the bearings are maintained properly.
For the best overall combination of quality, performance, and value, use Scorpion Motors in your helicopter!
*This motor is using 30mm bolt spacing on the mounting with M4 Screw holes
|Stator Diameter||45 mm (1.77 in)|
|Stator Thickness||30 mm (1.18 in)|
|Number of Stator Arms||12|
|Number of Stator Poles||10|
|Motor Wind||5T + 4T Wye|
|Motor Wire||1-Strand 1.5 mm|
|Motor Kv Value||540Kv RPM/Volt|
|No Load Current (Io/10v)||2.54 Amps|
|Motor Resistance (RM)||0.010 Ohms|
|Maximum Continuous Current||115 Amps|
|Max Continuous Power||4800 Watts|
|Motor Weight||588 Grams (20.74oz)|
|Outside Diameter||56.9 mm (2.24 in.)|
|Shaft Diameter||5.98 mm (0.24 in.)|
|Motor Body Length||62.3 mm (2.45 in.)|
|Overall Shaft Length||117.3 mm (4.62 in.)|
|Max Li-Po Cell||12s|
|Max Peak Current||250A (2 seconds)|
|Max Peak Power||11000 Watts (2 seconds)|
|Motor Timing||15 to 24 degrees|
|Drive Frequency||8 KHz|
Included in the Box
1 x Scorpion HKII-4530-540KV 6mm XL Shaft Motor
3 x Female Connectors
3 x Heat Shrink
Weight including packaging
View the Scorpion HKII-4530-540 Motor Full Dimensions
Product Spare Parts
We truly thank you for your purchase, and when things go wrong, we are here to help in any way that we are capable of doing so.
In regards to any warranty related matter, please reference the below information to help understand our warranty policies, as these warranty policies are absolute when it comes to any purchase made via HeliDirect.
Warranty Time Frame
Regarding product(s) purchased via HeliDirect, each manufacturer has their own specified warranty time frame, and HeliDirect holds the sole right to direct the customer to the manufacturer for stated warranty support in regards to manufacturer's that require direct level warranty support.
Our stated (14) day return policy directly relates to brand new, unused products being returned for a refund or store credit, and does not relate to warranty related situations for faulty product(s). Faulty, damaged or problematic items are handled upon a case by case basis, and will be detailed below based upon the warranty options available.
Our team at HeliDirect is highly motivated to assist in every possible way regarding warranty support, but please be 100% aware that warranty support for the product(s) you have purchased may be handled directly via the manufacturer, and not through HeliDirect.
If your product(s) involve direct manufacturer support, we are still available to assist. We ask that the customer make the initial manufacturer contact for warranty support, but in the case where a manufacturer response is not receive within (5) business days, HeliDirect will step in upon your behalf, utilizing our channels to assist you with this manufacturer based support.
In the above case, HeliDirect will do everything in our power to make sure the manufacturer assists you directly, but please note that all such warranty in regards to an issue like this will still be directed through the manufacturer.
Warranty Related Issues
Please note that HeliDirect is not a warranty repair center, nor do we offer warranty regarding many items we resell. Product(s) purchased via HeliDirect are subject to the original vendor’s repair / replacement warranty policies & timelines, and will be directed to the manufacturer at our discretion.
HeliDirect will not assume responsibility and / or liability for any manufacturer defect, or damage due the use / misuse of the product(s) purchased. Further, HeliDirect cannot / will not be held liable for ancillary damage to product(s) based upon a manufacturer fault or defect. All such issues will be dealt with at the manufacturer based level.
If your item is found to have a fault or defect after installation or use, your product may be subject to warranty repair via the original manufacturer, no matter what the purchase date may be. HeliDirect does not cover repair, replacement or warranty via used / installed products. All such issues will need to be dealt with at the manufacturer level.
Damage Due to Ancillary Product Failure
In regards to damage that directly results to a failed product installed in conjunction with another product, we are happy to assist in terms of warranty support for the product that has failed, but please be aware that we cannot be held liable for ancillary damage to other items or components that may have been damaged due to the original product failure.
If your product is approved by our customer service staff as a valid return that we will handle directly, please note the below information regarding all such approved warranty items sent to HeliDirect.
- Any item(s) approved for return to HeliDirect will be subject to inspection and or testing to verify the noted information provided by the customer regarding the flaws, faults or damage.
- Due to the various aspects of testing, repair and other return processes, please be aware that any such approved return will require (2) to (5) business days for proper processing. Our staff will certainly do all that we can to reduce this time to the bare minimum, but please be aware that the return process can take up to (5) business days to complete.
- If the product(s) approved for return are deemed faulty by our returns specialists, we will proceed with a repair, exchange, credit or refund based upon the situation at hand. All such information will be communicated to the customer before any re-shipment is made.
- If an item that encounters a warranty issue after usage, HeliDirect may opt to repair the product versus an exchange, as exchanges can only be made for valid warranty relating to products that have no use of flaws. Our staff will be sure item is in 100% working order based upon any repairs, but exchanges, credits or refund cannot be offered for items under warranty that have been used and are no longer able to be sold as new.
- In the case of product(s) returned to us that test to be non faulty, the product(s) will be returned to the customer in the condition received. Our staff will reach out to the customer with necessary information regarding what may have been missed, and what steps to take in order to utilize the product(s) effectively.
- For non faulty diagnoses of returned product(s), refunds, store credits or exchanges cannot be offered, as the product(s) received cannot be sold as new and unused.